Friday, February 12, 2010

"So Happy I Could Die..."

     Well, I'm here on my last night at my parents house and I have had so much to think about this past week that I feel a little overwhelmed right now.  To go into a little background, I took a week of vacation from work and took the train out of the city for a week to see my parents since I haven't had a proper visit since last summer and I've been feeling a little guilty about it.  Most of the week has been spent with just my parents but today I got to spend a couple of hours with one of my friends from my High school days.  To be honest I have been avoiding visiting with her just because she has a kid and has never been able to get out of our small town.  I was afraid that when I finally saw here that most of the time would spent listening to her bitch about how she is stuck here and how her life sucks and poor her...and I was right.  After about 20 min I started to regret the visit, I will always like her and the times we had spent together but right now we couldn't have less in common with each other.  I really didn't want to tell her about most of the things that I have done or that are going on because I was actually starting to feel guilty about it...and I continued to feel that way until I realized how effed up that is.  I had to work hard to get out and to have the life I wanted and why would I ever let anyone make me feel guilty for reaching my dream.  So after about two hours I called it quits and headed back to my parents house. 
     Part of my thought overload has to do with my parents but its almost 10:30pm and I have to pack and be ready to leave the house  in 9 hours so I can be on my train and be off to my real life, so the story behind my parents will have to wait...maybe when I'm on the train tomorrow I'll crack open that one for all my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment