Saturday, January 9, 2010

"I can't sleep, I can't speak to you..."

     Well, its been a while since I last posted and a lot has happened... so since I can't sleep at the moment, I figured that I would do a quick update

     I have the final news (I think) on the UG front...and that would be that he has no interest in me at all!  Not even for friends.  I texted him last on New Years Eve and I got a message back wishing me a good new year and that is it folks.  It has been eight days and I have purposely not initiated any contact to see what would happen and I got my answer.  I know that most of you are un-shocked by this news but let me try to explain.  I try to live my life with no regrets and I had held a candle of hope that he liked me but was afraid to admit to it encase it wasn't reciprocated.  But if he had any feelings for me he would have at least wanted to talk to me, even just to say "hey, whats up" if nothing else.  So I'm finally admitting to the truth of the matter to myself and just moving on.
     I also just applied to culinary school for this winter.  I know I said that I wanted to go to design school but after this past week I made another realization about my life, this times its about how much I hate my job.  I work for a man that is totally incompetent and has the interpersonal skills of a masochistic eel.  I'm sick and tired of cleaning up his messes and making sure all the things he can't or won't do, get done.   I hate retail in general but I'm finding that I have less and less energy to get out of bed everyday to just pretend that I care about any of it.  Plus he isn't too far from being the Devil in something other than Prada.  I'm a very smart and talented individual who could be a lot happier and making a lot more money else where, so its time to make a move.  I applied for classes that will start in Feb so here is hoping for a change.
     On the man front I've gone from UG to Ad Guy.  I was on the dubious gay website and was just bored and chatting away when I happened to start talking to a guy who lives in Manhattan and works at an advertising agency.  So I've had two dates so far and it has been really nice and fun.  I'm not sure where it will lead to but that will be part of the fun.  Plus going out with someone who actually has feelings for me and remembering what that is truly like has opened my eyes to the truth of UG as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment