Wednesday, November 4, 2009

"You know that you're my saving grace..."

It has been almost a month since my last post and I didn't think that blogging was something that I wanted or needed to do.  Why would anyone ever read something about my life or really care...then I realized that everyone's lives share common threads with each other and that if nothing else at least I could get it off my mind.  So I'm back and ready to give it a go...

Well not a lot has happened in the last month, although I'm sure that there are things that I'm leaving out that would have made for good reading but what can I do.  So to bring you up to speed, I'm still "dating" DC guy but I think that it is time to call it quits and for a couple of reasons.  The first and biggest is the fact that we have been together for over seven months and I have never met any of his friends...ever.  He has told me all about them, some stories included pictures but that was it.  He is coming home this weekend to go to his friends birthday party and will only be home for the day and is going to his parents that night and then back to DC on Sunday.  I have to work all day on Saturday so I won't really get to see him at all, so he suggests that we have lunch together that day at least.  It wasn't until later when I was tell my friend this story that I realized that all he had to do was invite me along to the party, and presto time spent together.  I know that his friend doesn't know me but if a close friend is seeing someone for seven months, I wouldn't think that allowing him to bring this person along is a problem at all.  But no invite ( and I just talked to him 10 min ago) so I am beginning to wonder if any of his friends know about me or if I'm some dirty little secret.  And Second I just can't do this long distance thing, I need someone whom I can sleep next to and do more with than just talk and text.

Part of my decision is fueled by the fact that I met a guy at a party last week that I really like and would like to find out where it leads to.  I have a friend that throws underwear parties in Brooklyn about every other month and always invites me.  I usually end up declining, my mind filled with images of bald overweight, groping men together in one room and it always makes me shudder.  Or the horrific scenario in which I go and run into someone I know, who ends up telling others of my sexual proclivities.  So his last party was the day before Halloween and was a masquerade party, the guest list was hidden and everyone was required to wear a mask.  How perfect for me!  SO I gather all of my courage and go to the party around 10:30 and there were about 5 guys there already.  One guy in particular was very hansom, even behind his mask, and I was immediately drawn to him.  So after some things start to happen at the party, he pulls me over to the bed and we are by ourselves now.  We make out for a bit and then we stop and he lifts up his mask and I finally get to see his face.  He was so cute that without thinking I reached up and took off mine so he could see all of me.  And then something happened that I can't fully explain or understand.  In that moment, while I was looking into his eyes,  something clicked and all of a sudden it was just the two of us there.  So we actually started talking, the action going on around us completely forgotten for the moment.  This was the very, very, very last place that I ever thought I would meet someone that I would feel like that about.  This party was all about carnal need and I ended up getting the total opposite.  So when I got ready to leave, he gave me his number and told me to give him a call.  I barely remember the bus ride home that night.
I gave him a call two days later and we ended up going out later that same day, for a couple of hours before I had to go to work in the evening.  The wasn't the best date ever mostly due to both of us being too quiet and nervous.  But at the end we both agree to go out again later in the week.  So I waited until yesterday to call him even though I took every ounce of reserve to keep from snatching up the phone the next morning.  And now I'm just want to see him again but he has classes most week nights and I have the worst work schedule for the next three weeks.  He just texted me that he is free tomorrow night and to give him a call about it...so I guess there is still hope yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment