Friday, October 2, 2009

Saturday night and no calls...

Well, its another saturday night and I find myself in front of my computer yet again. Somehow I seem to think that a date with my lap top will somehow lead to a social life. I'm sure that you are wondering how I could make that kind of a mistake...perhaps I should go back a little bit to explain.

I moved to this city two years ago, as a culmination of one of my biggest dreams. Living here for the last two years however have proven to be quite different than I had imagined/hoped. So far I have a room mate that I get on with quite well and one friend that I have managed to make on my own. I do have several other "friends" however they belong to my roomie most of the time. As for a love life, I have been seeing a guy for about four and 1/2 months. However he is currently in DC, where he will be working and living for the next year. I will be lucky to see him even once a month and don't know that I will make it until he comes home. To complete the trifecta I happen to work for a large chain retailer in Manhattan as a manager. Lets just say that its above the Gap but wishes it could be Ralph Lauren...but it still manages to suck up a large portion of my time.

Now that I have set the stage for my less than stunning life, I'm going to try through the coarse of this blog to turn all that around. The goal being to change these things in a significant way before I end up like the Peggy Lee song "Is That All There Is?".

No comments:

Post a Comment